Red Series

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Book Review: Fox and Raccoon and Top Ten Re-Reads

Hey everyone, today we have a double feature. A book review and a Top Ten Tuesday post. Enjoy

Title: Fox and Raccoon

Release Date: June 19, 2018

Source: NetGalley


Summary: The first in a new picture book series featuring sweet felted creatures and a little village you won't soon forget!

Welcome to Juniper Hollow! Meet Fox and Raccoon. They are best friends. They live next door to each other, and they spend every day together. Except for today! Fox is so busy she doesn't have time to play. But never fear--Raccoon is here to help! He mails letters, goes to the fruit stand, picks up some yarn and even buys some sugar. But Fox is STILL busy. Will she ever have time to stop and play with him? As it turns out, she has a surprise up her sleeve...

Lesley-Anne Green's endearing felted animals and adorable detailed sets create a world that readers will want to come back to again and again.
Review

This series was such a sweet quick read. Every word jumped off the page and made you feel part of the story. You could sense the deep love and friendship between Fox and Raccoon. Not only that, the other animals around the community are helpful and kind. If you ever wanted to read a family friendly book with a message of friendship and positivity to a child, this is it. Also a great read for children wanting a book not too long to read for themselves. There's a lot in a tiny package. The artwork is also beautiful. Sadly I hardly saw any of it because the PDF copy I got from Netgalley was of poor quality and somewhat jumbled with hardly any of the pictures actually in it. But I still highly recommend this book because it is a wonderful read for any child.

Rating: 4 Stars




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl

I am not a huge rereader these days. But I know the books I would grab in an instant.

1. Sweet Valley Series by Francine Pascal: These books were my childhood! I got to follow Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield from childhood all the way to University. Want to do it all over again.

2. R.L. Stine books: Goosebumps, Fear Street...everything. I recently started buying his Slappy puppet series and I'm a kid again. He might write mostly for kids but his books are ageless to me.

3. V.C. Andrews series: The ghostwriter has recently taken the series down a poor quality path. But there are still lots of books from the grander days I have yet to read. The original author might have died after writing only a few of the books herself. But her gothic legend lives on.

4. Harry Potter Series: These books helped define my teens by turning me into a fantasy buff. Before that, I was very contemporary.

5. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine: C.J. wrote the start of an amazing series. Go read it!

6. School for Good and Evil series by Soman Chainani: Because it's amazing and compelling.

7. Enid Blyton book series: These short story collections are just so beloved.

8. Poetry: Various kinds by different poets

9 & 10. Other books I just can't recall right now. Peace.


Thank you for stopping by. Fancy getting Fox and Raccoon for a child you know? Do you reread?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...