Red Series

Saturday 30 April 2016

Zootopia

Hello everyone, today is the final day and Z brings the highest grossing movie of 2016 so far.

Zootopia

Zootopia.jpg


Venue: Palace Cineplex

One of the best movies I have ever seen. If you ever thought Pixar's Up might be too lauded, here's something amazing in animation I hope will thrill you highly. Going to Palace Cineplex is a bit of chore since I have to jump on four modes of public transportation (2 to cinema and 2 to get home) unlike Carib 5 where I can end up using only 2 if I get the right bus on time (or better yet sometimes a family member will pick me up so I only pay for one bus). But Palace Cineplex is in Sovereign Center, one of my favorite malls in the country so there is an upside. Anyway I arrived early, got my ticket, ate a lovely meal of curry chicken and rice and peas in the food court and got inside in time to enjoy my first theater viewing animated movie for this year (first movie I saw in theaters this year was Deadpool). 

From the start I was taken away into a world where animals talked and walked on two legs. Which has been done before but the scale, detail and performances took this movie to a whole other level. This movie might be an animated movie with cute animals kids will love. But like Pixar's Inside Out last year this movie's not just for the kids. All kids of issues rise to the surface as new police officer Judy Hops tries to solve a crime while struggling to prove herself to everyone as more than a cute bunny rabbit. She 'recruits' hustler Nick Wilde to help solve a case that goes further than she can imagine. The movie covers so many things including obstacles to one's dreams, perseverance, prejudice, discrimination both in and outside the workplace, social structure and racism (in animal form). To go into deeper details would mean heading into big spoiler territory and I rather not.

So my experience with Zootopia was movie magic to put it lightly. Even supporting characters like the sloths had the DMV were able to make an impact with just minutes of screen time.

This post brings 2016 A to Z challenge to a close. We did it guys! Thanks for journeying along with me this year,

16 comments:

  1. I figured you were going to do this movie for Z. I saw a preview of it, haven't seen it yet. It looks so delightful!

    Congrats! We did it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go see that movie, Sheena!!

    Congratulations on getting to the finishing line and thank you so much for great daily posts. I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey with you. Big thanks also, for being so supportive of my blog. Have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zootopia was such a pleasant surprise! Had such a complex plot for an animated film. Wonderful film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda miss seeing these movies now. When we watch movies, it's usually grown-up stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will have to see Zootopia. Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see it. Thank you and same to you Lynda.

      Delete
  6. Zootopia was one of my favourite animation movies too! Loved it! :) Nice one done, Sheena! Congratulations on the series completion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepa and Zootopia was just so spectacular.

      Delete
  7. Tthanks for the movie reviews, Sheena. And thanks for being my A-Z Joy Brigade Minion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter, husband, and I all loved this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely want to see this one!

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...