Red Series

Thursday 28 April 2016

X is for those movies that deserve a red mark

EtruscanX-01.svg


We have all been there. That movie that just disappointed on all fronts. Now I will use X in this challenge to show four movies that I feel deserve that big X. From those that were a disappointment straight to the ones that were just flat out horrible.

1. Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland poster.jpg

Source

This movie missed the mark in all sorts of ways. I posted it as T early in this year's challenge and almost every comment agreed with my disappointment. A movie with so much promise that crashed. Not quite a burned out hull but no firework show either.

2. Man of Steel

Superman, bearing his traditional red and blue costume, is shown flying towards the viewer, with the city Metropolis below. The film's title, production credits, rating and release date is written underneath.

Source

I really dislike this movie a whole lot. Worse I feel Superman Returns got shafted for this mess. I understand that there are people who enjoy it. But I am far from one of them. Saw this at home and every time I have tried to watch it since has only annoyed me more. Even if it came before Superman Returns I'd still hate it. I've nicknamed it 'Sophisticated Transformers'. Except I actually like the Transformers movies. Michael Bay knows how to make things go boom with limited deep story fun. Zack Snyder...yeah I'll just go watch Watchmen again and remember he can do better.

But at least the top two don't have to share a table with the final two. Just this list.

3. The Last Airbender

Official poster

Source

Why did you let this happen Nicklelodeon? I just don't understand. You had an amazing animated series with dedicated fans. Why stab us in the face with this atrocity. And enough with the white washing and race bending using people who can't act!! The only real acting came from the actors who played the adult fire benders including Zhao and Iroh. Oh and don't get me started on the actress who played Katara. White washing was not her number one problem. It was talent and a dim witted casting director. Same with Sokka. If you are going to make black characters white at least get talented people who can do the role. Trust me while people are mad about Scarlett starring in next year's Ghost in the Shell, no one doubts her acting. Well, no one who could ever have been part of this shitty movie.

4. Elektra

Elektra teaser.jpg

Source

This movie was rubbish. It actually redeems just about every other movie on this list. It's that bad.

7 comments:

  1. Lol, love your last comment with the EleKtra movie. l did not see that one. Tomorrowland was bad enough.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Tomorrowland was epic compared to that complete failure that was Elektra. The closest you should get to that version is watching Ben's Affleck's movie Daredevil. While it also got flack it was at least an okay movie.

      Delete
  2. Tell us how you really feel about The Last Airbender...
    Man of Steel was a lot better than the previous Superman movie. After watching it again before seeing Batman v Superman, I decided I liked it even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was just no excuse for how The Last Airbender turned out. I know you're a Man of Steel fan Alex and it's good that we can all watch movies and each carry away our own experience. The Dark Knight is my big superhero movie re-watch. Nolan just did such a fantastic job directing and Bale and Ledger were perfection in their roles.

      Delete
  3. I don't even remember if I saw Elektra or not. Was that the one with Ben Affleck...or was it a spinoff of the one with Ben Affleck or something? These superhero movies are all just blending together into one big glob of crap in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've only seen two of these and I didn't hate them but I didn't love them either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally a list of movies I don't feel I missed out on! Glenda from
    Evolving English Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...