Red Series

Monday 25 April 2016

Tomorrowland and Ultraviolet

Note: Check out my version of A to Z Lite! Kidding, the weekend was a bit tough and I had to prioritize work over blogging. Flu still with me but I aint complaining because I'm thriving. Suck it sickness I'm still going. Zombie shuffle everybody! Thanks for stopping by.

Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland poster.jpg


Summary from Google: Whenever Casey Newton (Britt Robertson) touches a lapel pin with the letter T on it, she finds herself transported to Tomorrowland, a city filled with huge robots and sleek buildings. The gifted young woman recruits the help of scientist Frank Walker (George Clooney), a previous visitor to Tomorrowland, who years ago made a startling discovery about the future. Together, the two adventurers travel to the metropolis to uncover its mysterious secrets.

You ever have a movie that makes your lips go thin just seeing the poster? Before seeing this epic disappointment I was excited. The trailers promised an epic adventure that I wanted to go on. Well guess what? You get a road trip to a futuristic junk town. Yeah after all that promise of seeing an amazing Tomorrowland our female star Casey and cranky side man Frank end up in this...place. Which made me wonder why the hell were we shown all these amazing holographic images of Tomorrowland in the first place. Oh and if you were excited to see Hugh Laurie in this prepare to be disappointment. He's more useless than a promotional marquee for a movie that ends up never being made. It's like someone just said we need a name who we can plop in and trick people into thinking that he will actually be a menacing villain. Anyone who thinks Loki is a disappointing villain needs to see this movie to see true disappointment in villainy. Then there's that bad Skynet shit when the monitor ends up getting the blame. That just infuriated me beyond imagining. Talk about a useless and tasteless tactic to try and rush an end to a graphically beautiful movie with a disappointing build up. 

I can see why it got 50% on Rotten Tomatoes because Brian Bird and the screen writers just tried to make this movie great part way then just went fuck it. Guess they thought hey it had a great start no one will care if we don't follow through on the greatness promised. This is an 'original' movie so we spectators would be wowed. Now listen: 1. Environmental movies have been around a long time. Let PETA show you some. 2. Sparky girl and cranky scientist is not new either. 3. Neither are delinquent teens. 4. Why am I even...this movie was a colossal waste of my time!

So yeah I'm still bitter about this movie that not only had so much potential but flat out lied. I'm sick of movie trailers promising much more than is in the movie. This mind fuck is only beaten by the Fantadtic Four (2014) trailer that showed action scenes that did not make it into the movie. So at the end of the day this movie deserves to burn in hell for me. But if you want to see it feel free. Just never invite me to a movie night and show this. I will steal your food and leave.


Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet poster.jpg


Summary from Google: In the late 21st-century, a vampiric disease modifies some people, imbuing each of them with superhuman strength, intelligence and speed. Worldwide civil war looms as normal people, feeling threatened by their enhanced brethren, demand the extermination of the group. One such transformed female (Milla Jovovich) finds herself caught in the crossfire when she becomes the protector of a boy who is perceived to be a threat to humanity.


When I saw this movie on cable it was quite interesting. One of the most colorful vampire movies I had seen and also one of those which focused on vampirism as a virus instead of a mythical curse. Now it has 9% on Rotten Tomatoes but I like it. The action is watchable and while not a great movie I would recommend to anyone who wants to see a vampire movie that is not all doom and gloom or goes beyond the mythic theory and fangs. Or just bored. As long as you're willing to watch movies with supernatural beings and hot people this can fall into your wheel house.


17 comments:

  1. Ultraviolet was watchable. And sadly better than Tomorrowland. You're right, it was a big disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Brad Bird just needs to focus on Incredibles 2 and knock our socks off with that.

      Delete
  2. I'm still bitter. I felt cheated out of my money, and we know there's no tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup because if there were money trees, Brad Bird's would be raided for refunds and restitution. Disney would have to increase security. Oh and WB would too for those who actually went to see Pan. Yeah I decided to not go see that one.

      Delete
  3. Tomorrowland could have been so much more. Not every ride and section at Disney deserves a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Disney especially has enough money to make original movies and still profit.

      Delete
  4. I was not a fan of Tomorrowland either. When I saw your blog title, I thought you might be writing about Ultraviolet the British TV mini-series. I loved that one. It's about vampires too. I actually own the DVDs and watch it from time to time.

    @WeekendsinMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check out that mini-series when I can. Tomorrowland has gone from that theme ride I've never been on straight to 'that disappointing movie I saw in 2015'.

      Delete
  5. I didn't see Ultraviolet, but I too was disappointed in Tomorrowland. Disney kind of got that wrong; they had success with Pirates of the Caribbean but definitely not this one in my opinion :)

    glad to see you are trying to keep going while you recover from the flu

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you just have to power through the cold. Thanks. Tomorrowland flew then crash landed.

      Delete
  6. I thought Tomorrowland looked awesome too, then I watched a few scenes with my cousin, and was like, meh. I'm glad I didn't bother to watch the whole thing. Ultraviolet sounds like fun. I love vampire stories that aren't all cheesy romance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw either of these...but at least I've heard of them. That's progress! I hope you're feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your positive attitude! I've managed to get my posts up but have not been faithful to commenting. BTW, I think you've now posted about two movies I've seen! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomorrowland was a really, um, interesting movie. Not what I had been expecting. Sorry it wasn't for you.

    I never would have guessed Unltraviolet was about vamps, huh, I might have to watch it now just to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you remember the ultraviolet stories well? It always seemed stupid to me, but look around now. Do not you think that our society has turned on the same road - viruses, quarantine, government bans and military police at curfew. It's horrible. I stopped sleeping normally at night and it seems to me that this panic has already touched me before the coronavirus. I began to take trythecbd. This is the only medicine that I can buy without a prescription and without going to the pharmacy. Only this helps me to keep my nerves.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...