Red Series

Thursday 21 April 2016

Repo Men (2010 film)

Repo men 09.jpg


Summary on Google: In the future, medical technology has advanced to the point where people can buy artificial organs to extend their lives. But if they default on payments, an organization known as the Union sends agents to repossess the organs. Remy (Jude Law) is one of the best agents in the business, but when he becomes the recipient of an artificial heart, he finds himself in the same dire straits as his many victims. With his former partner (Forest Whitaker) in hot pursuit, Remy runs for his life.

Wasted potential. Something no one wants to hear slapped on their movie. But that is exactly what happened with this movie. Saw it at home on the SYFY channel and was excited. By the the end I still liked it but knew this was way below what was offered. I can see why the director has only done television since this. A movie with a plot as intricate as this movie was not for him. This is a movie Christopher Nolan should have directed. I can just imagine how kick ass that would have been. Still Jude Law and Forest Whitaker do their best with that they are given and do their roles with a satisfactory result from a messy script and average everything else. You feel for the characters as the plot moves along but you still know the movie could be better. At the end of the day I had a good time watching it and have seen it since my first viewing. But there is no question this movie could have been so much better. If there could be a reboot of this in the future that's actually great. I'd be all ears.

8 comments:

  1. Who knows, they may make a remake of it down the road. I don't remember seeing this one out and about so I'm thinking hubby might not have wanted to see it or caught it himself on TV one night when I was on the computer.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd make it through this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't stand the sight or voice of Forest, but I do love me Jude very very much so! He would be the perfect new James Bond

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this one although it sounds like it probably was for the best. I do like the cast though...

    @WeekendsinMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure I started watching this once. Finish it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the commercials for this one and never did see it. I really like both Jude and Forest! Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a basic premise that could have been really awesome (maybe even for a TV show format). Too bad to hear it was wasted...

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...