Red Series

Thursday 28 January 2016

Book Review: The Night Children

Book: The Night Children

Author:  Sarah Tsiang

Illustrator: Sami Suomalainen 

Source: Netgalley

Genre: Picture Book



Summary from Amazon: What happens when the sun goes down at the end of the day? When the streets are empty and kids are called home for dinner and put to bed, the world becomes a magical place. It’s only then that the night children emerge from the shadows, ready to play. In this evocative and lyrical picture book, it is the night children who rule, taking over the world that the day children have left behind. The mischievous night children frolic in the twilight, rummaging for treasures and scattering surprises, stealing slices of the moon and dancing on rooftops. Only when dawn breaks do they tuck themselves away. But if you look very closely, you might just catch a glimpse of them disappearing as you wake up. Were the night children ever really there, or did you dream them? Complemented by beautiful, glowing artwork, this poetic story about the allure of a world unknown and the parallels between imagination and reality will ignite the creative souls of children everywhere.

Review

This book had me awed from start to finish. I know this book is for children but I intend to get a copy for myself just so I can cuddle up and stare at the masterful drawings. The prose is also a lovely combination of storytelling and poetry. This is a must for children who will enjoy listening to the story of these mysterious night children that live among us unknowingly. Parents might actually get pulled into it themselves like I did. Trust me the cover is just a taste of the beauty within this book. I downloaded a copy for Adobe and I'm just jaw dropping over this. Get it.

I'll end this review with a line from this masterpiece: Wake up, little one, and find the house in it's foggy softness of not quite night and not quite dawn.

Rating: 5 Stars of Infinity

Purchase: Amazon, The Book Depository



P.S.: I kid you not I went straight to starting a story I had been muddling over a long time. This book really gets your creative juices going. I personally recommend it to every person on the planet.

Oh and I checked on Netgalley and the archive date for this book is not set. If you want to see what I'm talking about before you commit go right HERE. Love you all and see you on Friday.

10 comments:

  1. we do love picture books, they need to make them for adults too just like colouring books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds amazing!! I could use some juices flowing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and yes the juice flowing is important for us creative types.

      Delete
  3. This sounds fabulous and I'm so glad you ended up loving it! Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a stunning book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're never to old to love a good kids' book. I may be biased, but still.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this sounds really good! And that's awesome that it inspired you to keep working on your WIP! I'll have to find this one and read it to my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Waiting on Wednesday: Reconnected

Please Note: The final WOW on this blog as I take my final bow this month. I want to thank all readers of this post and all my blogging. I r...